|Sausage, Apple and Cranberry Stuffing
70 g cubed whole wheat bread
130 g cubed white bread
455 g ground turkey sausage
160 g chopped onion
90 g chopped celery
2 g dried sage
2 g dried rosemary
0.7 g dried thyme
1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
90 g dried cranberries
20 g minced fresh parsley
1 cooked turkey liver, finely chopped
180 ml turkey stock
55 g unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F (175 degree C). Spread the white and whole wheat bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes in the preheated oven, or until evenly toasted. Transfer toasted bread cubes to a large bowl.
2. In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onions over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the lumps until evenly browned. Add the celery, sage, rosemary, and thyme; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes to blend flavors.
3. Pour sausage mixture over bread in bowl. Mix in chopped apples, dried cranberries, parsley, and liver. Drizzle with turkey stock and melted butter, and mix lightly. Spoon into turkey to loosely fill.
60 ml lemon juice
60 g tahini
20 g sesame seeds
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
20 ml olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Place eggplant on baking sheet, and make holes in the skin with a fork. Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until soft. Remove from oven, and place into a large bowl of cold water. Remove from water, and peel skin off.
3. Place eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, sesame seeds, and garlic in an electric blender, and puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer eggplant mixture to a medium size mixing bowl, and slowly mix in olive oil. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
New Year Recipe
455 g sage flavored breakfast sausage
465 g shredded potatoes, drained and pressed
55 g butter, melted
340 g mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
80 g onion, shredded
448 g small curd cottage cheese
6 jumbo eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch square baking dish.
2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
3. In the prepared baking dish, stir together the shredded potatoes and butter. Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture. In a bowl, mix the sausage, Cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese, and eggs. Pour over the potato mixture.
4. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Restaurants in Riverside, CA
A dining guide providing information about restaurants in the Riverside, California area.